Exploring fright in black-and-white. It's enough to make your spine tingle!



Monday, March 14, 2011

Return Of The Living Deadbeat Blogger

Well, kids- even horror bloggers with the best of intentions occasionally find themselves distracted by other responsibilities and end up neglecting their blog- and the computer in general. As someone who used to spend the majority of my day online, I can honestly say that my six month break from the Internet was actually a much needed one. I read a lot of books, focused on my creative writing and watched a lot of Food Network. In January I took an internship at Troma Entertainment, a place I've wanted to work at ever since I was a kid. Being there has inspired me to focus on my own writing, and as a result I hadn't been watching as many classic horror movies so I felt I had little to blog about. Interning at Troma and getting to know Lloyd Kaufman has been a surreal experience and one that I hope to share with you from time to time.

That being said, I'm back for good and hope I haven't completely lost my readers. To celebrate my return to the blogosphere, I'm declaring this "Public Domain Week", where I'll be blogging about horror films that can be found online due to their public domain status. Some are recognized by most as classics, some are underappreciated gems and some are downright awful. Look for the first review to be up later tonight. Here's a hint:

 

And yes, I know this one is -gasp- in color rather than the black-and-white films I typically review. As the wise Pink one said, "Sometimes it beez like that". Anyway, I'm sure I have a lot of catching up to do on all of the wonderful blogs I read, so I look forward to getting to work on that. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to write my review so that I can then work on getting this terrifying image out of my brain before it's time to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment